[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Anyone But Me Fan Forum • View topic - Other webshows

The Anyone But Me Fan Forum

The place to be to discuss any and all things Anyone But Me
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Other webshows
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:24 pm 

So, I thought this could be a great place for everyone to recommend other webshows they watch and love. I'm personally looking for something other than The Guild to watch this summer, and would love to hear what you guys like that I might not know yet.

I'll start: besides ABM and The Guild, I loved:
Dr. Horrible (which is kinda technically a webshow)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apEZpYnN_1g

The Webventures of Justin & Alden - which chronicles a journey two guys make to The Streamys to get Felicia Day to star in their newly written webshow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RNqgLUZ ... re=channel

Andrew's Blog is great (especially the Spelling Bee season) - it's a video blog of Andrew Keenan-Bolger, an actor who apparently gets bored backstage of his theater shows so he films himself and the cast doing silly things (like playing spies at the hotel or doing a Top Model spoof). They're always funny and sweet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUgVCVWzgxI

Haute & Bothered was.. I still haven't decided if it was good or it's so bad that it's good. Anyway, I loved the first season, it was silly and awkward and had Annaleigh Ashford, who's one of my favorites.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycaEaYu5FqI

And my favorite (top two with ABM) is The Battery's Down. It's a really wonderful musical webshow created and starring an actor named Jake Wilson (who did the Old Lady Gaga spoof of Alejandro, in case anyone's seen it) who's trying to make it on Broadway. The show is awesome, the actors are all amazing, and each episode has some cool cameos and at least two new addicting songs. It's kinda like Glee with no budget and original songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbutXzJ_I3o

Post subject: Re: Other webshows
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:04 pm 

Great idea for a thread!

I have to concur with . If you're one of the 3 people on the internets who have not seen it then you need to, you wont be sorry. It's been 2 years now, but i still throw my DVD in and re-watch it more than my flatmates think is healthy... :lol:

was a laugh - short web series at 5 eps long.

To the list i'd add:

Parody of Legend of Zelda - classic video game. It's more on the crude side, so definitely not for everyone, but is well done and hilarious - especially the (dirty) Fairy! :D Ooold Man and his rants get props too. Season 3 starts in a bit over a week.

Hard to describe this one, it's sort of The Guild meets Star Trek. Set in the future on a spaceship commanded by people who really shouldn't be in charge of...well...anything, really. Quirky and funny. The clones episodes are outright brilliant.

Brand spanking new web show. I can't personally vouch for this one yet, but i have been hearing some good things about it. It's on the top of my "to check out" list, waiting for me to get some free time on my hands.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:13 pm 

A web series that I love:

Compulsions
It's a gritty dark crime drama that I can't help but love. The description on their YouTube channel:
This dark, gripping and psychological Web series explores three seemingly normal people who act on their darkest desires. The series has been described as Hypnotic, dark, and addicting (Examiner.com), while featuring some of the best acting in web series last year. (NewTeeVee.com)." The show offers the tone of Dexter, the suspense of Prison Break and the darkness of the Sopranos. http://www.youtube.com/user/compulsionstv

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:11 am 

hmm, *adds to 'to checkout' list*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:34 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:11 pm 

B.J. Fletcher: Private Eye - Another webseries featuring lesbian relationships (like Anyone But Me, so it might grab the attention of forum members). I admit, however, that my main reason for mentioning this is that it's currently looking for donations (see ).
This webseries is pretty sketchy at first, in terms of production and acting, but it gets better fast. Comedy/drama/detective/romance. Draws you in inexplicably.
At .

Well. Now that my thinly veiled advertising is out of the way, off to watch... The Legend of Neil, for now.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:38 am 

Hey everyone..
My dear and talented friends in NYC created a new webshow about students in a performing arts school. I'm head of publicity for the show, which is reason enough for you guys to watch the teaser trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GhY1OzCoII

The trailer has closed captioning, and so will all episodes.

You can also like us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=hp ... 0077961817
Or follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/HittheMARCshow

Thanks!